Radiance New Student Experience | Introductory Offer
The introductory offer is critical to most yoga and fitness studios sales. Getting enough new potential students in the door is just the first step. The difference between success and failure is getting a high enough percentage of those on the trial offer to convert to a punch card or monthly membership. Then finally, to retain those hard-won customers as loyal fans, who’ll renew again and again, and become golden prospects for upsells like workshops, teacher trainings, private lessons, and branded merchandise.
At Radiance, I noticed that new students consistently came in excited and ready to make positive changes in their lives, physically and spiritually. It takes courage to get all ready for a class, get your gear, and walk in that door for the first time, especially if you’ve never done yoga before.
But what I also found was that, despite the best of intentions, a huge percentage of new students fell away, even after giving rave reviews, falling victim to their own excuses about not have enough time or money to continue. Life just got in the way.
So I created a sophisticated introductory campaign designed to engage each person from the minute they arrived in the parking lot, and to support them through their first month at the studio. I used human psychology, infusing the intro offer with fun, games and prizes. Yoga teachers mailed out postcards with the messaging and branding along with a personalized, hand-written note to every single new student in each of their classes.
Students got so excited and motivated that many formed organic teams of friends and co-workers to compete in the challenge together. The studio’s sales conversion rate of new student to monthly member was 90% of those students who participated in the private consultation with the studio manager!
The campaign included:
- A outdoor banner with great street viability
- A 30 Day Yoga Challenge
- A Table Display Contest with Monthly Drawing for a Free Month for Students Who Completed 15 out of 30 days During Their First Month
- A Punchcard with Rules of the Challenge (also functioned for entering the drawing)
- A Welcome Email and Text with Links to Website for Challenge Support, Rules Reminders and App Download
- A Business Card with Complimentary Consultation with a Yoga Coach
- Website with Challenge Rules, a Personal Survey & Button to Schedule Coaching Call
- In Studio Wall Posters
- Social Media Posts and Paid Advertising
- Welcome Video for Web and Social
- Print Advertising in Local, Lifestyle Magazine
- Branded T-Shirts for Prizes (students who completed all 30 Days)
- Business Cards for Teachers | Complimentary Class Give Away
- Wall Poster with App Download Instructions
My Project Included:
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Design Direction
- Web Copy & Design
- Email Marketing
- Art Direction
- Print Posters
- Print Cards
- Digital Advertising
- Social Media
- Video Production
- Branded Clothing
- Consultant/Sales Training
- Sales Conversion Tracking