The Denver Post
The Denver Post was my first love, and what an affair! Needless to say, I was hooked, and writing has me for life. I’ve tried to leave, but I always come back. I see stories everywhere. I write copy in my head all day long.
As a daily newspaper reporter, I produced award-winning breaking news stories, weekend enterprise pieces and long-term investigative projects.
I researched and reported on medical, health care business and public policy stories including health insurance, managed care, hospital systems, physician groups, Medicare, Medicaid, the uninsured, quality and cost issues and financial analysis of business operations.
I also covered biotechnology, the biopharmaceutical and medical device sectors and the latest in medical and scientific academic research.
- Military Editors and Reporters Best Domestic War Coverage
- Society of Professional Journalists Third Place Best Single Story-Spot News
- Colorado Press Association First Place Best News Story
- American Planning Association Award Winner
- Society of Professional Journalists First Place Best Investigative Story
- Society of Professional Journalists First Place Best Business Column
My Journalistic Roles Included:
- Business Reporter
- City Side Reporter
- Investigative Reporter
My Stories Are Available Upon Request
- Please us my contact form to ask for articles by specific topic, or general writing samples.